Comment on page
Create an order
To create an order, select the "Create Order" button from the orderbook table, or select "Buy Bonds" or "Sell Bonds" from the drop-down menu in the header. You will be guided to the order creation interface.
Order creation interface
- 1.Select the "Buy" or "Sell" button depending on your preference and select the bond you are interested in buying or selling from the drop-down menu.
- 2.Fill in the number of bonds you want to buy or sell.
- 3.Select the token you want to exchange for the bonds. If you are buying bonds, this will be the token you use to purchase the bonds. If you are selling bonds, this will be the token you will receive from the purchaser. Currently, all orders are settled in USDC.
- 4.The "Total Order Token Amount" defines the amount of USDC you are willing to spend or receive for the selected amount of bonds. For example, if you are interested in purchasing 100 bonds, you will enter the amount of USDC you are willing to pay for the total 100 bonds (e.g. 90 USDC).
- 5.Set the expiration date. If your order is not filled by the expiration date, your order will expire and be removed from the orderbook.
When setting the parameters for the order, the preview to your right shows the summary of the order:
Make sure to double-check that your order parameters are as expected. For example, make sure the yield-to-maturity, price per bond, and token amounts are configured correctly. Once your order is correctly configured, select "Continue". Approve the tokens and sign the order in your wallet. Approving costs gas, however listing orders is free of gas. Keep in mind, cancelling or changing the order will cost gas.
Navigate to the orderbook table to view your order. As interested users interact with the table, they can fill your order partially or in full. You can also cancel your order from the table.